InformedDNA employs the nation’s largest and most experienced, full-time, independent staff of genetics specialists – nearly 100 board-certified genetic specialists (employees, not contractors), with an average of more than 11 years’ clinical experience each. We serve as expert genetics advisors to health plans, health systems, physicians, foundations, and pharmaceutical companies concerning the appropriate use and interpretation of genetic tests. Our best practice clinical services offer patients convenient access to board-certified genetic specialists. As the nation’s largest and oldest telegenetic counseling provider, we have seen dramatic growth each year in the number of patients served, providing more than 24,000 genetic counseling consultations in 2019.
In 2019, we also expanded our genetics services and support for precision medicine across healthcare constituents, while continuing to advance our industry best practices. With a Net Promoter Score (NPS – how likely users are to recommend your services) of 76, which is considered “world class,” InformedDNA ranks with top consumer companies, such as Apple®.
Clinical genetic counseling for health plan members and health system patients
Our clinical genetic counselors cover all sub-specialties of genetics, while providing both telephonic and video-based genetic counseling services, ensuring greater access to patients and support for providers and health plans. Here are some highlights from 2019:
- Completed more than 24,000 genetic counseling appointments
- Tripled the number of genetic counseling appointments for reproductive health
- Increased appointments for the rare specialty of ocular genetics by 20%
- Grew clinical genetic counselor team by 30%, with 100% employee retention
- Maintained rate of patient satisfaction with genetic counseling services of >95%
Genetic Benefits Management™: Policy support and expert opinion reviews
InformedDNA employs many genetics specialists dedicated to providing services for our health plan partners outside of clinical genetic counseling. We coined the term “Genetic Analysts” to describe board-certified genetic counselors with specific training in evidence review and medical policy. Genetic Analysts evaluate the clinical utility and medical necessity of genetic tests. Here are some highlights from the work our Genetic Analysts did in 2019:
- Doubled the number of health plan genetic testing management programs supported
- Grew Genetic Benefits Management services for health plans, now representing more than 90 million lives
- Adjudicated more than 110,000 expert opinion case reviews
- Attained 100% provider satisfaction rate
- Grew our team of Genetic Analysts by 30%
- Achieved NCQA Accreditation renewal in Utilization Management
- Published the Coverage Decision Framework™, InformedDNA’s innovative approach to genetic testing policy that enables health plans efficiently and proactively develop expert medical policy and coverage criteria
Life Sciences: Providing expertise and support for researchers and patients
Our Life Sciences business grew significantly in 2019. This growth represented an increase of approximately 90% in new clients, with an increase of an additional 50% more studies being supported. Sponsors find unrivaled value as they look for creative ways to identify, engage and retain patients/subjects willing to participate in their rare/orphan and oncology based studies. As we look to 2020, the number of pharma/biotech and patient advocacy organizations looking for creative ways to support their rare/orphan/oncology disease studies is expected to continue to increase. InformedDNA is well positioned to support this growth. Here are some highlights from 2019:
- Our Life Sciences business nearly doubled the number of pharmaceutical/biotech companies supported, including sponsors, Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and patient advocacy groups. We provided genetics services for clinical trials, natural history studies, and post-market programs to identify patients as candidates for treatment with FDA-approved gene-based therapies.
- Program support for patients with diseases that include (but not limited to): Ophthalmology, oncology, neurodegenerative disease, autism, metabolic conditions, and neuromuscular disease.
As the leading national genetic services organization in the U.S., InformedDNA saw dramatic growth in 2019, extending our genetics expertise to many more patients, providers, health plans, health systems and pharma/biotech partners. With our new investment from partners at Tripletree Capital, NovaQuest and Frist Cressey Ventures, InformedDNA is poised for even more dramatic growth heading into the new decade as we continue to innovate and enable acceleration of the delivery of personalized medicine.
To learn more about how our expert genetic services can help your plan, health system or clinical trial, please reach out and we’ll get in touch quickly.