For remote positions, a home office within the U.S. with privacy and a high-speed Internet connection is required.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. System Administrator
This position is local and requires that you to currently be located near St. Petersburg, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Jr. System Administrator role is to provide support for the day-to-day operations of the information technology (IT) department. The Jr. System Administrator will be responsible for resolving requests and technical issues submitted to the helpdesk, desktop support for a local and remote user base, basic server administration, and assist with supporting a growing network in AWS.
Three or more years of hands-on experience supporting and administering systems on corporate network is required. Ideal candidates will possess strong customer service skills, a passion for helping others, and an aptitude for problem solving. The position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively.
● Resolve incoming support requests via the Mojo Helpdesk ticket system with limited direct supervision.
● Provide quality and timely support to all employees concerning hardware and software needs.
● Image, configure, and ship new devices (laptops, desktops, etc.).
● Provide operational support for laptop and desktop related issues including installation and configuration of applications.
● Provide end user training on common applications and updates.
● Liaise with vendors to resolve support issues.
● Troubleshoot and resolve printer problems.
● Maintain and support IaaS and SaaS solutions for a wide range of IT needs.
● Monitor and support a growing fleet of network resources hosted in AWS – EC2, RDS, ELB.
● Manage and support Google domain and applications.
● Create and update documentation for troubleshooting, deployment, and general IT procedures.
● Assist with server administration and maintenance including patching, backups, and general upkeep.
● Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the corporate network including the intra-building wiring plant, wireless networks and remote users.
Additional Job Requirements
Monday through Friday – hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. Rotating on-call required; some nights and weekends work maybe required; shift directed by manager.
● Required expertise administering and configuring Microsoft desktop and server operating systems. (Windows 10, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016)
● Preferred experience working with Linux Servers – RHEL or Centos.
● Experience supporting common applications such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Antivirus, Remote Desktop, VoIP programs, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
● Must have an expert understanding and ability to support Google applications (Gmail, docs, calendar, etc.)
● Must have a basic understanding of fundamental network design and operation including DNS, subnets, TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6.
● Two years’ experience with Help Desk and Incident Management Systems.
● Ability to work with and automate tasks via scripts (PowerShell, bash, python, etc.).
● Experience with RingCentral and inContact preferred.
● Ability to troubleshoot unmonitored networks. (Home networking equipment, cable/DSL modems, etc.).
● AS/BS degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or five (5) years’ equivalent experience required.
● Industry Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP, CCENT or AWS Certifications preferred.
● High attention to detail
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in verbal and written forms
● Access to reliable transportation
The Jr. System Administrator will report to the IT Operations Manager and will be working with a dynamic IT team to fulfill the position's roles and responsibilities.
St. Petersburg, FL