InformedDNA was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. This credential was earned based on extensive ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys.
“According to our study, 94 percent of InformedDNA employees say it is a great workplace,” says Sarah Lewis-Kulin, Vice President of Great Place to Work Certification & List Production.
How do we create such a great workplace culture?
- Communication – We don’t keep secrets from our employees. And there is an expectation that they don’t keep them from one another. We’ve assembled a team unlike any other within the industry with the idea of capitalizing on information sharing to strengthen each other and the company, and to deliver on our promises to those we serve.
- Engagement – When employees are engaged, they are able to deliver on our mission: To optimize patient care and genetics-related healthcare spending by improving access to clinical and scientific genomics expertise. Our life-changing work takes a deep commitment requiring deep engagement.
- Recognition – A successful business recognizes and rewards talent and innovation. And we don’t believe in waiting for annual reviews to give feedback. Employee recognition and appreciation is ingrained in our culture, which has led to almost nonexistent turnover amongst our clinical staff, happy and satisfied employees, and a high level of engagement and trust. In fact, Glassdoor ratings reveal that 100% of respondents would recommend InformedDNA to a friend.
If our employees weren’t so great, our Net Promoter Score (NPS) wouldn’t consistently be as high as leading consumer organizations and much higher than most healthcare organizations. It is measured on an ongoing basis and reflects how well our employees are living out our values, which are listed below. Healthcare provider satisfaction scores are also measured regularly and are consistently above 97%.
- Respect for All: We support and encourage one another and value diversity with mutual respect and understanding.
- Wicked Smart: We are creative and clever with insatiable curiosity, taking thoughtful risks to constantly improve.
- Accountability: We embrace each task with great pride as owners of our business.
- Exceed Expectations: We over deliver to our fellow “Chromies,” patients, and clients.
- Get it Done through Teamwork: We seek and share knowledge as a team to help each other succeed.
- Live Life in Balance: We work hard and have fun.
- Know Your True North: We are authentic, open-minded and honest.
- Giving Back: We share with and help those in need — be it a fellow Chromie, a specific patient, a local cause or a national charity.
Among some of the perks that InformedDNA offers its employees:
- Employee Ownership: Every employee is an InformedDNA owner with ongoing opportunities to receive additional merit-based stock options. This gives employees a personal interest in innovating and contributing for the benefit of the company, leading to greater job satisfaction and financial security.
- “Impressions” Employee Feedback: Often, the most motivating feedback comes from our colleagues. Impressions enables employees to thank one another for a job well done. Having this tool available ensures that things like exemplary teamwork, commitment to values, exceptional customer service, and going the extra mile do not go unnoticed.
- ChromieCon: This is the event of the year at InformedDNA! Every employee from across the country is invited to St. Petersburg to re-affirm our alignment as an organization and explore compelling innovation possibilities. Our virtual environment allows us to handpick the brightest talent, regardless of location, but we understand there’s nothing like face-to-face meetings to support teamwork. ChromieCon not only reminds employees that, although they work from home, they are not alone. It unites our healthcare thought leaders and accomplished professionals to create a vibrant environment that helps set the course for the coming year.
- Wellness Day: Who knows better than InformedDNA that health and well-being are highly personal? That’s why we set aside a day each year to emphasize the importance of protecting personal health and well-being. We give employees a paid day off to visit a doctor or other caregiver, or to volunteer within the community.
- Educational Stipends: In our rapidly evolving industry, ongoing education is a must. In addition to a massive, intuitive training database and specific ongoing training provided by team leaders, we offer educational stipends to employees for special conferences, workshops and certifications.
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk: By reimbursing employees for the registration fee and matching the money they raise, we actively help Susan G. Komen fund breakthrough breast cancer research, provide free information and support, and help people reduce breast cancer risk or find the disease early. The main event for employees is held in St. Petersburg, FL, creating an inspiring team-building opportunity. However, remote employees may participate in this program by participating in walks held in their cities.
View a summary of our ratings for the Great Place to Work certification.
Learn more about working at InformedDNA.