The Data Architect supports the Data Analytics team in accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis of health care claims, utilization management data, and clinical data to support company and client goals or initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Architect (DA) works closely with leaders across product, sales, and marketing departments to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. He/she will also ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. The DA will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company and client data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. And, he/she applies their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Five or more (5+) years experience in an analytics position monitoring, managing, manipulating, and drawing insights from data
- Two or more (2+) years healthcare data analytics experience strongly preferred, claims data analysis experience a plus
- Proficient with the following: SQL programming; Tableau or other data visualization tools; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Google Apps; Big data tools (e.g. Teradata, Aster, Hadoop), testing tools (e.g. Adobe Test & Target), analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics), programming languages (e.g. C, C++, JAVA) a plus
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: Predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques (GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: Hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication (particularly telecommunication), collaboration and delegation skills
- Team player, engaged in shared team goals and collective improvement
- Responsive to constructive feedback
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment and quickly adaptive to change
- Proactive and invigorated by new challenges, creative thinking
- Well-organized, strong attention to detail, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you are interested in joining our team of Chromies, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Analytics; full-time, exempt
Remote - you must live in and be able to work in the U.S.