The Genetic Analyst uses clinical genetics expertise to evaluate the clinical utility and medical necessity of genetic test requests. This position is a remote/work from home opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Review clinical genetic testing cases for medical necessity, consistency, and compliance with national guidelines and health plan policies.
● Provide educational outreach to ordering healthcare providers regarding appropriate utilization of genetic testing.
● Answer questions from medical directors or laboratory staff regarding best practices in genetic testing.
● Use and maintain proprietary software systems for managing genetic testing requests.
● Research and update clinical genetics content to maintain accurate and up-to-date guidelines for genetic testing.
● Other duties as assigned.
The InformedDNA Genetic Analyst Team offers genetic services to healthcare stakeholders who seek genetic expertise. Our team provides this specialized expertise via multiple modalities, including utilization management, policy writing and advising, general consulting, laboratory stewardship, and clinical algorithm and technological solutions. We employ evidence-based best practice standards to support the appropriate and responsible use of genetic testing within the healthcare system as a whole.
Additional Job Requirements
● Weekly attendance in team meetings
● Collaboration with team members on projects and/or cases
● Respond to all deadlines in a timely manner
● Develop and meet individual, team, and company goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
● Participate in strategic planning and business development as needed
● Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling or Human Genetics
● Certified diplomate of the American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics
● Licensed Genetic Counselor in the state in which he/she resides, if applicable
● A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a clinical genetic counselor or comparable professional experience
● Additional expertise in public health, public policy, statistics, business, or computer science preferred
● Confident and decisive, even when it requires taking risks
● Work well in a dynamic environment and quickly adaptive to change
● Proactive and invigorated by new challenges
● Well-organized, superior at multi-tasking
● Above average IT skills; comfortable with new software, able to troubleshoot
● Efficient and effective at time management
● Compassionate and empathetic, excellent communications skills (oral and written), effective telecommunications skills
● Responsive to constructive feedback
● Team player, engaged in shared team goals and collective improvement
● Self-directed with the ability to maintain balance between life and work
Director, Utilization Management Review or Assistant Director, Utilization Management Review
Genetic Analyst Services; full-time
Remote - you must live in and be able to work in the U.S.