IT Support Specialist – Help Desk
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to internal users including desktop support, network management, and infrastructure support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include receiving and conducting triage for support calls, managing email and trouble ticket correspondence, coordinating technical support with third party vendors, asset and patch management, web site maintenance, and Google domain support. May spend a significant portion of work time directly supporting remote users.
● Monitor help desk application for new requests and tasks, documenting support, and resolving incoming requests in a timely manner.
● Provide operational support for all desktop and software application related issues.
● Maintain desktop and application security by ensuring virus definitions and operating system patches are kept current.
● Image, configure, and ship new devices.
● Script implementation and design in Incontact Studio.
● Install configuring hardware (printers, monitors, desktops, scanners, etc.).
● Provide end user training on common applications and systems.
● Liaise with vendors to resolve support issues.
● Google domain management and support.
● HTML code and basic web page development.
● Create documentation for troubleshooting, deployment, and general IT procedures.
● Minimum of high school diploma and two (2) years of relevant experience in a technical help desk or other technical support environment or a combination or education, training, and experience.
● Industry Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP strongly preferred but not required.
● Experience working with Microsoft products such as Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016.
● Experience with Google apps
● Experience with wide range of common desktop applications. (Chrome, Firefox, Adobe Reader, etc.)
● Experience with incident management systems.
● Working experience/understanding of Windows Networking, DNS, DHCP,
● PowerShell scripting, and task automation.
● Ability to troubleshoot unmonitored networks (i.e., home networking equipment and cable/dsl modems).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an effective time manager, possess a strong desire to learn about technology, and have strong communication and customer service skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
● Customer consideration
● Problem solving
● Managing tasks
● Specific technical knowledge
● Developing self and/or others
St. Petersburg, FL