The Manager, Analytics manages the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis of health care claims, utilization management data, and clinical data to support company and client goals or initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Analytics will work closely with leaders across product, sales, and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. He/she will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. He/she will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company and client data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. This position applies his/her exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
● Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
● Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that inform key business decisions.
● Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
● Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
● Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
● Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
● Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
● Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, product, sales, and marketing teams.
● Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
● Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
● Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
● Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
● Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
This position serves on the Innovation Team, which is responsible for creating and pursuing strategies (products, processes, or services) that can have meaningful impact on corporate goals. Applying analytical rigor and structured problem-solving, the Innovation Team engages leaders across the company in strategic 1) solutions for business opportunities and, 2) problem-solving for critical business problems. As change agents, the Innovation Team is responsible not only for the formulation of these strategies but also for engaging cross-functional teams in their pursuit.
Additional Job Requirements
This position is required to complete mandatory QA training sessions as determined by the Chief Operating Officer, and in compliance with Federal and State laws. Quality improvement is sought and integrated into all processes and procedures.
● Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or related technical field
● Five (5) or more years’ experience in an analytics position monitoring, managing, manipulating, and drawing insights from data
● Three (3) or more years’ experience leading a team
● Two (2) years’ healthcare data analytics experience, claims data experience strongly preferred
● Proficient with the following tools/programs:
– Strong SQL programming skills
– Tableau or other data visualization tools
– Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Google Apps
– Experience with big data tools (e.g. Teradata, Aster, Hadoop), testing tools (e.g. Adobe Test & Target), analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics), or programming languages (e.g. C, C++, JAVA) a plus
● Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
● Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
● Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
● Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques (GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.) preferred.
● Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
● Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
● Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
● Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
● Excellent communication (particularly telecommunication), collaboration and delegation skills.
● Team player, engaged in shared team goals and collective improvement; Responsive to constructive feedback
● Work well in a dynamic environment and quickly adaptive to change
● Proactive and invigorated by new challenges, creative thinking
● Well-organized, attention to detail, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Chief Innovation Officer
Analytics; exempt, full-time
Remote - you must live in and be able to work in the U.S.