Patient Care Coordinator
Patient Care Coordinators are the first line of contact with patients being referred for InformedDNA’s genetic counseling services. This position works closely with patients, providers and clients throughout the process of registration and scheduling to ensure service goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Patient Care Coordinator provides superior customer service to patients and providers while registering and scheduling via telephone, and while completing necessary documentation and follow-up correspondence with the referring provider.
● Register and schedule patients for genetic counseling.
● Provide education to patients as necessary to inform about our services and the genetic counseling process.
● Upload patient related documents to chart.
● Work with patients to inform of benefits, process and to set appropriate expectations.
● Complete required chart documentation and information tracking.
● Schedule patients for review of test results when necessary.
● Answer questions from clients regarding patient status, process or other customer service matters.
● Send appropriate provider correspondence on each patient.
● Assist with basic technical support for InformedDNA’s Patient Portal.
● Utilize all available tools and information to deliver excellent customer service to patients and providers.
● Escalate any unresolved matters of patient or provider care to supervisor.
● Identify and recommend processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of activities and processes.
● Adhere to all InformedDNA policies and procedures.
● Other duties as assigned.
● High school diploma or equivalent, college coursework preferred.
● Demonstrated customer service or social service experience required.
● Self-directed, able to work with limited direct supervision, but follow SOPs.
● Ability to show empathy and excellent listening skills.
● Excellent computer skills and with Microsoft Word and Excel.
● Google application skills a plus.
● Well-organized, good at multi-tasking.
● Self-motivated, focused on creating opportunity.
● Ability to identify areas that need improvement in current processes.
● Work well in an evolving and lightly structured environment.
● Experience complying with state and federal regulations.
● Quickly adaptive to change.
● Excellent communication skills in one-to-one and group settings.
● Ability to handle multiple, unrelated tasks in a high pressure environment.
● Positive disposition.
● Ability to maintain balance between life and work.
Manager, Patient Care
Client Services; full-time, non-exempt
877 Executive Center Drive West, St. Petersburg, FL